If you are an employer and want to hire a citizen of Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Russia or Ukraine, than you can use simplified procedure, that is the declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner.
A declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner entities him or her to perform unseasonal work. It is issued for a maximum to 6 months in the next 12 months.
The first condition of work performing within the simplified procedure is registration by the Poviat Labour Office of a declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner to the register of declarations. The second condition is the foreigner’s possession of a document, confirming the residence title in the Republic of Poland, which entitles him or her to work in Poland.
Here are some steps to get the declaration:
- The declaration is submitted by the employer in the Poviat Labour Office.
- The Poviat Labour Office enters the declaration on entrusting work to a foreigner to the register of declarations.
- The employer provides the foreigner with a declaration registered by the office.
- On its basis, a foreigner applies for a residence permit (at home abroad or in Poland, depending on the situation) allowing him to work in Poland.
An employer is obliged to inform the office about taking of the work by the foreigner (at the latest at the day of start of the work) of not taking of the work (in the period of 7 days from the date of work start, indicated in a declaration), as well as after ending of the work.
An employer is obliged in the period of 7 days submit a foreigner to the social insurance and health security, that gives to an employee the right for benefits in the case of illness, accident in job or motherhood as well as for free use of health service.
The following documents should be attached to the declaration:
- A document, confirming the identity – copy of employer’s valid ID card, if an employer is a legal person – copy from national court register.
- Copies of the all of completed pages of a valid travel document (passport).
- Payment confirmation for the application.
- A police clearance certificate in connection with the circumstances referred to Art. 88z paragraph 5 points 1-6 of the Act on employment promotion and labor market institutions.
- Authorization (if a representative acts in the case).